At Re:Sound we are expert in turning tapes, LPs or cassettes into CDs or other digital formats. This means more than just copying- it involves the removal of rumble, hum, noise and hiss. Levels of tracks are matched and, if required, CD text is added. All in all, it will sound really good!
Re:Sound engineers extract the best possible sound from archive recordings in the vaults of record companies, radio stations, private collections etc. The source material may be 78rpm records, LPs or analogue tape. Please go to www.testament.co.uk for examples of our work.
- Using a score to check no music is missing
- High quality conversion from analogue into digital
- Removing unwanted noises such as thumps, clicks, rumble and whistles. State of the art software from CEDAR (computer enhanced digital audio restoration) is used, together with EQ and editing techniques.
- Checking that music is at the correct and intended pitch
- Correcting audible edits
- Improving overall sound quality
- Mitigating other problems to ensure the enjoyment of the listener without annoying distractions